Blaine County School District No. 61
Hailey, ID, United States
TITLE: Math Teacher with possible Athletic Coaching
PAY GRADE: Certified Salary Schedule
SUPERVISOR: Building Principal and Assistant Principals
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 185 days per year. Works on-site according to designated schedule.
To help students learn academic subject matter; develop social, behavioral, and educational skills. To plan, develop, organize, and conduct a comprehensive educational program for high school level students which will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible individuals. To instruct students toward mastery of the Idaho Core Math Standards through mathematical thinking approaches that promote problem solving, critical thinking, and real-world application in accordance with the district's adopted curriculum. To inspire, engage, educate and empower every student.
Possess a bachelor's degree or higher. Holds a valid Idaho Teaching Certificate endorsed for Mathematics 6/12. Highly Qualified status in Mathematics Core Content preferred. Idaho State Department of Education's Highly Qualified Guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list of essential duties is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
* Teaches content, knowledge, and skill in Mathematics to high school level students, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
* Designs math lessons that connect with students through meaningful application of the content.
* Structure math instruction through mathematical thinking approaches and 21st Century Skills.
* Address the specific learning needs of students so they equitably access the rigor of the curriculum.
* Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning through the proper control of heating, lighting, and ventilation, and the utilization of exhibits, displays, and arrangement of seats, desks and study areas.
* Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
* Individualizes and adapts educational processes and procedures to enhance student educational opportunities, including actively pursuing alternative solutions to improve student learning, i.e. providing individual, small group, or remedial instruction.
* Selects and requisitions instructional aids and equipment appropriate to the interest and maturity level of students, maintains required inventory records, and makes purchases as authorized.
* Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior for a productive learning environment.
* Reviews, analyzes, evaluates, and reports student academic, social, and emotional growth. Keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
* Pursues a variety of methodology in teaching and instructing students, including lectures, demonstrations, discussions, group learning, projects and laboratory experiences.
* Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates the history, background, and assessment of students in designing instructional programs to meet individual educational needs.
* Counsels, confers with, and communicates with parents, school, and District personnel regarding student progress, and in the interpretation of the educational program.
* Performs a variety of non-instructional duties, including participation in curriculum and instructional development (committees), supervision of students, participation in student activities, and consultation/collaboration with colleagues.
* Athletic coaching responsibilities may be included in this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of child development and especially of characteristics of students in the age group assigned. Knowledge of the prescribed curriculum and assessments. Knowledge of mathematical thinking instructional practices and the current Idaho Core Math Standards. Knowledge of current educational research. Understanding and knowledge of current technology. Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using varied teaching methods to address student learning styles. Skill in oral and written communication with students, parents and others. Ability to plan and implement activities for maximum effectiveness. Ability to assess levels of student achievement effectively, analyze test results and prescribe actions for improvement. Ability to maintain appropriate student supervision so that students have a safe and orderly environment in which to learn. Ability to work effectively with peers, administrators and others. Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a small work unit; and tracking budget expenditures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 35% sitting, 30% walking, and 35% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
Blaine County School District No. 61
Website : https://www.blaineschools.org/
Blaine County School District’s five year strategic plan embodies the community’s desire to ensure every child graduates ready for success in the next stage of life. It also encompasses the community desire that the educational process is highly inspiring and empowering in addition to ensuring academics are mastered.