Austin, TX, United States
Licensed Specialist in School Psychology - LSSP - Austin, TX
Full-time Licensed Specialist in School Psychology (LSSP) needed for a school district in Austin, TX.
We are seeking an LSSP that enjoys working with elementary aged children and is able to assess the educational learning styles and program needs of students referred for special education services.
- Monday – Friday 7:20am – 3:20pm
- Possibly between two schools
- Collects and organizes assessment data from student’s cumulative folder (classroom teachers, principal, support staff, parents, and outside resources)
- Receives student referrals and implements the appraisal process
- Conducts observations within a classroom setting and individual interviews
- Performs testing for evaluations
- Leads the evaluation team
- Provides staff development training in assigned schools to assist school personnel in the identification and understanding of students with disabilities.
- Assist with the implementation of IEPs
- Consult with parents concerning the educational needs of students and interpretation of assessment data
Must be a good communicator among colleagues, students and parents.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in educational assessment. Valid Texas teaching certificate preferred. Valid Texas educational diagnostician, school psychologist or associate school psychologist certificate. Teaching and/or related work experience preferred.
PediaStaff delivers flexible staffing solutions in pediatric and educational based settings. We offer excellent hourly rates and Per Diem based on IRS eligibility. In addition:
- Full-time employees receive nationally recognized medical insurance and 401K with employer contributions
- We offer allowances for continuing education, licensure, malpractice, and relocation
- You may choose our optional summer pay program for school-based professionals
- Our select team of Clinical Resource Specialists is available to help ensure your success. You are not alone when you are on assignment with PediaStaff
PediaStaff provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PediaStaff complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company does business.
Pay: Depends on Experience
Reference Number: JO-1906-7459-11
Have a question? Contact us at 1-866-733-4278 option 1 or
Phone : 1-866-733-4278