Salary up to the high $50's.
Rochester, MI, United States
It, Library, Help Desk, Education
Feb 11, 2020
May 26, 2020
- Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science, information technology, management information systems, educational technology; or equivalent foundation of expertise and knowledge gained through extensive job experience and certification.
- Two or more years of work experience using, configuring, installing, imaging and troubleshooting workstations running Windows and Mac OS environments.
- Two or more years’ experience providing end-user technology Help Desk support, documentation, and training.
- Thorough understanding of computer hardware and software configurations in a networked environment.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and experience.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with standard Makerspace technologies, software and techniques.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix.
- Apple MacOS Certified Support Professional certification and/or Microsoft certifications (e.g.,
- Knowledge of basic server support
Unless otherwise required by an applicable collective bargaining agreement, all minimum, additional and desired qualifications are preferred, but qualifications, degrees, and/or experience deemed comparable and/or equivalent by Oakland University in its sole and exclusive discretion may be considered.
The Technology Support Specialist supports, assesses, analyzes, develops, implements, and documents hardware and software initiatives with in the Library Technology Services (
), initiatives which enhance library technology offerings, increase end-user satisfaction and improve overall student success. This position supports the Library’s end-user desktop and laptop environments, including Windows and Macintosh computers, mobile computing devices, peripheral equipment installations, MakerSpace tools; determines configurations and troubleshooting strategies; participates in systems security tasks, user account maintenance, product research, equipment inventory, and product installations and updates. The Technology Support Specialist also provides supervision of
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Website : http://www.oakland.edu