Los Angeles, CA, United States
Studio School is currently hiring qualified candidates for the position of Dance Instructor.
All Faculty report to the Department Chair. Faculty works closely with the school's administrators, academic advisers and administrative staff. Successful candidates are high-energy leaders with a passion for teaching and a collaborative style that promotes integrity, empowers vision, displays flexibility and inspires creativity.
Dance instructors teach various technique courses within our Commercial Dance Department. Specifically, Studio School is seeking instructors with expertise in Ballroom Dance.
- Teaching semester-course(s) in area of expertise.
- Establishing and communicating clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
- Instructing students individually and in groups; adhering to Studio School teaching styles; and using various instructional methods, such as lectures, discussions and demonstrations.
- Administrative activities; such as, grading course work; participating in general curriculum development; maintaining and completing student records as required by administrative policy; preparing and administering written, oral, and performance-based tests; and submitting final grades in accordance with Studio School policy.
- Supporting the mission and core values of Studio School as a leader and representative. These core values include craft, story, entrepreneurship and collaboration.
- Supporting departmental and school-wide expansion by championing the philosophy and objectives of Studio School and Hussian College.
- Executing other duties as assigned.
The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
1. Education: BFA preferred.
2. Experience: Must have demonstrated experience teaching and a minimum of four years of practical working experience; ability to quickly adopt learning management systems and education technologies, and experience utilizing technology to increase efficiency and productivity;
3. Preferred Experience: Experience in film, television, and theater; knowledge/professional experience in the entertainment industry with relevant or current projects; a strong record of achievement in creative work and the ability to demonstrate such upon request.
4. Competencies: Incumbent must (be) able to:
- Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service
- Keep commitments, meet deadlines and achieve demanding results
- Organize and execute around multiple priorities
- Communicate effectively, outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Speak effectively to both large and small groups of people
- Prepare and conduct effective presentations
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills
- Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Strong presence/history in the Campus Community preferred
- Strong training skills
- High ethical standards
- Eligible to be bonded
- Ability to travel as required
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data
- Embrace and demonstrate on an ongoing basis the Company’s core values of - Continuous Improvement, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Service, - Teamwork and Having Fun.
5. Physical and Mental Requirements:
Physical Requirements: This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required.
Mental Requirements: This job requires the ability to read, recall, write and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Environment: This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom.
The purpose of this job description is to document the Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs) and key Duties normally required of this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities or duties to be performed by incumbents. Associates are expected to follow all job related instructions and perform any other duties assigned by their supervisor(s).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any associate is free to resign at any time, with or without a reason, just as the Company may end an associate’s employment at any time, with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.