Rochester, MI, United States
Education, Pharmaceutical, Administrative
Mar 21, 2020
Jul 04, 2020
Assistant, Associate or Professor of Pharmacology
Job Description Summary
The Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine is seeking applicants to fill a tenure-track position at the Assistant, Associate, or Professor level in pharmacology. In particular, we seek an individual that can provide instruction in pharmacology in various medical education settings to a diverse student population. The School of Medicine recognizes outstanding, innovative teaching and scholarship as the basis for advancement.
The successful candidate will work with an interdisciplinary team of clinicians and faculty to teach, develop, implement, evaluate and disseminate scholarship in medical education and related fields.
1. Provide instruction in the basic and/or clinical sciences in a culturally diverse environment in various settings including the classroom, clinical sites, laboratory, as well as computer-based and other distance-learning delivery systems. Generate curricular materials for instructional activities. Coordinate and integrate instructional activities and curricular materials while working professionally and effectively with other faculty in order to enhance the learning experience for students.
2. Establish learning objectives and competency standards for undergraduate medical students. Contribute to the process of student assessment, and development, implementation and evaluation of assessment materials and procedures. Develop and implement effective remediation processes for students identified as performing below established competency standards.
3. Use and promote best practices in education. Provide mentoring, training and support for other faculty in order to improve instruction across the curriculum and encourage adoption of improved instructional techniques by our faculty.
4. Maintain and improve competence in subject content and instructional methodology through participation in faculty development activities and self-directed learning.
5. Assist, evaluate, advise and mentor medical students regarding academic, curricular and career matters.
6. Participate in scholarly activity, creating and adding to knowledge in the field and teaching in Pharmacology. Submit scholarly work for open dissemination and professional peer review. Seek extramural funding to support scholarly activities. Scholarly activities may include the advancement of new theories and principles, expansion and interpretation of existing ideas, or improvement and application of knowledge, especially in innovative educational environments.
7. Perform administrative duties, such as course director or discipline director, as negotiated and assigned.
Additionally, candidates must have:
A. A commitment to advancing a culture and climate of diversity and inclusion and serving a diverse population.
B. Evidence of the ability or strong potential to provide effective teaching to medical or health science students.
C. The ability to demonstrate potential for scholarly and creative activity that would merit appointment in a basic science department.
A terminal degree in an appropriate and applicable field.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please upload a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copy of your transcripts, and a diversity statement that describes your interest or efforts in furthering diversity and inclusion. Please complete the Professional References section of the application for three references. A system-generated link will be provided through which references can submit letters.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Inquiries should be addressed to Dr. Sarah Lerchenfeldt, PharmD, Search Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
School/College & Department/Program Summary
The Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine is a collaborative, diverse, inclusive, and technologically advanced learning community, dedicated to enabling students to become skillful, ethical, and compassionate physicians, inquisitive scientists who are invested in the scholarship of discovery, and dynamic and effective medical educators. Please visit our website to learn more: https://www.oakland.edu/medicine/
Oakland University Standard Language
Oakland University is a nationally recognized doctoral university of high research activity located on 1,443 acres of scenic land in the cities of Rochester Hills and Auburn Hills in Oakland County, Michigan. The University has 142 bachelor’s degree programs and 138 graduate degree and certificate programs. Academics include programs in the College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business Administration, School of Education and Human Services, School of Engineering and Computer Science, School of Health Sciences, School of Medicine and School of Nursing.
Open Until Filled
Oakland University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
371 Wilson Boulevard, Rochester, MI 48309
Website : http://www.oakland.edu