Louisville, KY, United States
Part Time, Education
As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization the YMCA is committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. As a key player of our Child Development Center team, the Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting with the overall classroom atmosphere, the curriculum, the development of each child to their full potential and communication with parents and other classroom staff.
Job Skills / Requirements
• Ability to care for young children in a group setting.
• Experience in an Early Childhood setting preferred
• Infant/ Child/ Adult CPR and First aid (30 days post hire)
• Core Curriculum Training ( 60 days post hire)
• Negative TB Test (every two years) and able to pass multiple-screen drug test
• Minimum age 18 years old
• Opportunity to move to full-time as positions become available
• Uphold the mission of the YMCA, and demonstrate behaviors that reflect a determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful, and welcoming nature.
• Completes required abuse risk management training. Adheres to policies and procedures in managing high-risk activities and appropriate boundaries of supervision. Reports suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations to supervisor. Follows mandated abuse reporting requirements to authorities.
• Consistent positive attitude, modeling the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
• Candidate must be able and ENJOY working with ages 6 months – 5 year olds and be responsible for knowing developmental differences
• Can create and facilitate age-appropriate activities for young children
• Responsibility for the health, welfare and safety of the children in the assigned classroom, and for ensuring quality programming
• Maintain all documentation as requested according to State Licensing and program requirements.
• Build and maintain open communication with children, parents, director and other staff.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT: Lifting up to 50 lbs, bending, stooping, sitting on floor or in child sized chairs, diapering, assisting with toileting, climbing, reaching, running, carrying or holding a child up to 50 lbs, pushing, operating a computer and swimming with children are all required functions of the position. Spending time outdoors during summer and winter months are also a requirement.
STATUS: Part-Time, Non- Exempt
STARTING SALARY: $10.00 Per Hour
DAYS & HOURS: 20 hours per week (including as-needed)
Additional Information / Benefits
The YMCA of Greater Louisville maintains a strong commitment to training and professional development, and has been recognized as a 2011 “Top Work Place”. As a new YMCA team member you will receive a community wide individual membership upon completion of the New Employee Orientation, program discounts, and participation in the YMCA retirement fund.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Metro United Way Agency
Benefits: a community wide individual membership
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Child Development Center Director
This is a Part-Time
position 1st Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1