Salt Lake Community College
$16.29 - $17.96
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Education, Part Time
Under general supervision of the Workshop Manager, Group Tutoring Leads will be responsible for creating quality learning experiences for a group of students from historically difficult courses. In collaboration with faculty and the Workshop Manager, Group Tutoring Leads will develop structured material for on-going, concept oriented seminar sessions. Leads may also direct and support student groups in semester-long projects and/or case studies built into course curriculum by faculty members. Leads will hold regular meetings with key faculty and Workshop Manager to understand and implement discipline-specific success strategies that align with course curriculum.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Provide structured group learning experiences in the area of expertise as qualified.
These areas include:
Accumulate and report accurate information on time sheets.
Meet with faculty and Workshop Manager regularly to maintain consistent instruction practices
Help develop learning aids and materials for group learning sessions
Willingness to work at various campuses as needed
Other duties as assigned
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
level 3 certified from Salt Lake Community College
2. 3 or more years of tutoring experience
3. A.S. degree or higher in related field
At least 30 credit hours completed in related field
1 year of tutoring or teaching experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Demonstrate sensitivity to, respect for, and understanding of the needs of students seeking learning support.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, and/or ethnic background.
3. Ability to articulate and deploy a variety of learning strategies for students in higher education
4. Awareness of common challenges facing students in
5. Ability to create structured learning experiences for students in higher educationAbility to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College. Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
*Please indicate on your resume if your work experience is full-time or part-time.
Salt Lake Community College (
) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Salt Lake Community College
Phone : 801-957-4210
Website : http://www.slcc.edu
Salt Lake Community College is Utah's largest college with the most diverse student body. It serves more than 60,000 students on 10 campuses and with online classes. All ages. Many interests. Flexible scheduling. With an exceptional range of academic and career-oriented options. A superb faculty—and a faculty-to-student ratio of 1:20—means our students get personal attention from exceptional academic and vocational professionals. With more than 120 areas of study, there's a lot of room to grow. This is a place that high school graduates can take their first step into higher education and later transfer to a 4-year school. Where students can earn training and skills to take them directly into the workforce. Career professionals sharpen their skills. And anyone can take a class for their own enjoyment.