$44,394-$66,591 (Academic Yr)
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Sep 25, 2020
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. seeking an experienced pharmacist or pharmacy technician and educator to serve as Faculty and Clinical Coordinator of the Pharmacy Technical Program. The Faculty position will be responsible for didactic and clinical instruction, working collaboratively with the Program Coordinator as well as other faculty. Position will coordinate clinical site placements for the program. The successful candidate will teach assigned clinical courses in accordance with course competencies and syllabi and foster a safe and civil learning environment. The position would be responsible for hands-on instruction, collaborating with clinical partnerships, mentoring students, evaluating clinical competencies, perform clinical lectures and labs, maintain a positive professional working relationship with students and clinical sites, and follow established sequence and procedures for clinical competencies. The position will contribute to maintaining program accreditation. This position includes training students and faculty, running labs, designing training materials, coordinating assessment projects, furthering best practices among students and faculty. The faculty will work closely with the Associate Dean. The faculty will work with other departments and partner in various academic areas such as the libraries, and learning centers. The faculty is responsible for curricular development, innovation, and helping integrate pedagogy into the program. This includes creating novel signature assignments, working with faculty on assignment mapping in courses, course design work that supports continuing development, and implementation of curriculum as an instrument of teaching learning and assessment.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. seeks to attract an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber, skilled in the scholarship of teaching, discovery, application, and integration of knowledge. The successful applicant will join a vital and innovative department as its members are reflective practitioners and knowledgeable teachers in their respective fields. They participate in their professional communities, and collaborate with colleagues in developing curriculum. Such faculty members actively serve our students in successfully obtaining the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in their careers.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Provide coordination and professional contributions to the Program, Division, School, and College.
2. Be responsible for all aspects of the clinical experience of students enrolled in the program including organization, administration, continuous review and revision, planning for and development of locations (in collaboration with the Program Coordinator) for evolving practice skills, and the general effectiveness of the overall clinical experience.
3. Instruct assigned didactic courses and clinical labs.
4. Maintain in-depth understanding in chosen field which includes participation in professional development and maintenance of valid training status per College policies.
5. Attend regularly scheduled departmental, divisional & committee meetings & workshops.
6. Be technologically literate, knowledgeable, and innovative in the use of a variety of modern teaching technologies including the use of computers and multi-media in lectures, laboratories, and distance learning environments.
7. Maintain a positive attitude toward work, students, colleagues and administration.
8. Establish annual objectives for professional growth in consultation with the Program Coordinator. Participate in scheduled institutional activities as required by the faculty academic guide.
9. Assist in hiring both full-time and adjunct faculty, & part-time staff as needed.
10. Assist new and continuing students in advisement capacity on courses and programs.
11. Maintain regular office hours and be available to provide help for students.
12. Work with concurrently enrolled students and faculty
13. Develop and maintain articulation agreements with local applied technology centers and universities.
14. Assist and advise students in professional and student organizations.
15. Assist with outreach activities as requested by Associate Dean.
16. Prepare course syllabi, outlines, daily plans, and associate materials.
17. Develop and implement strategies to enhance the quality and effectiveness of courses including curriculum development and review.
18. Maintain necessary records such as program and class enrollments; plus grades of student performance.
19. Assist in the preparation of appropriate college documents such as catalog, handbook, brochures, etc.
20. Actively assess program to determine effectiveness and meet all accreditation standards.
21. Demonstrate an ability to be creative in planning and implementation of pharmacy technician objectives.
22. Manage and verify operational processes and procedures such as teaching assignments, faculty loads, class and room schedules, class changes, etc.
23. Demonstrate an ability to be creative in planning and implementation of pharmacy technician objectives.
24. Will be under general oversight of the Associate Dean.
25. Accept other duties as assigned.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
a.Creates an effective, supportive learning environment for students regardless of delivery method.
b.Teaches courses consistent with department procedures, appropriate Course Curriculum Outline (
) and catalog description.
c.Provides each student with a syllabus (paper or online) at the first class meeting that complies with department procedure and the
d.Teaches assigned classes at the scheduled time and place and meets during required contact hours.
e.Demonstrates incorporation of active and applied learning in courses taught (hands‐on and engaged activities).
f.Provides appropriate and timely feedback for all assignments.
g.Promotes development of critical thinking among students.
h.Actively participates in the update and production of new curriculum development and related activities as a contributing team member of the program area, department, campus, college and state.
I. Meets with students outside of class—a minimum of 5 hours/week in person or on‐line.
J. Is available to teach courses at times directed by academic needs of the program and availability of staffing pool. The department recommends final teaching assignments with final decision by the Academic Administrator.
k. Returns graded assignments in a timely fashion per department standards.l.Consistently improves course quality, design and course integrity through participation in college‐ wide assessment of student learning.m.Maintains student attendance records (for Financial Aid purposes) and grades.n.Conducts a variety of appropriate evaluations of student performance. Informs students of progress to date periodically and assigns and submits grades by published deadlines. o.Assists in maintaining a safe and mutually respectful instructional environment. Prepares and submits incident reports to Dean of Student Services for inappropriate student behavior as defined by the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities Policy. p.Uses appropriate resources and technology in the delivery of courses.q.Collaborates with colleagues for instructional improvement.r.Maintains professional and collegial behavior.s.Coordinates and supervises internships and clinical experiences for students as assigned.t.Responds to voicemail and email communication promptly (generally within 1‐2 contract days). u.Meets deadlines.v.Maintains professional appearance as defined by the discipline and/or College procedure.w.Partners with the college to provide innovation to improve the learning environment.×.Promotes support for the mission, vision, values and goals of the College by incorporating culturally‐ competent pedagogy and inclusivity practices.
a.Maintains necessary educational credentials, professional skills and demonstrated teaching competencies consistent with department standards
b.Solicits feedback and implements suggestions from students and peers when appropriate.
c.Expands knowledge in discipline and teaching craft on an ongoing basis.
d.Promotes professional development of peers/colleagues through recognized professional activities (in‐ service activities and the presentation of conference papers and/or publications, and other methodologies appropriate to the teaching field), as approved by departments.
e.Participates in collegial mentoring relationship, serving as mentor and/or mentee in the department and college.
f.Engages in local, state, and/or national professional organizations appropriate to the faculty role.
g.Serves community partners as content area experts when needed.h.Completes required training and participates in professional development.
Bachelors degree from a regionally or nationally accredited agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (
2 years of teaching/leadership experience in an accredited pharmacy technician program; demonstrated scholarship activities; ability to integrate technology in pharmacy technician program education; experienced with the national accreditation.
Recent teaching experience highly preferred.
Demonstrate on-going continuing education in the field of pharmacy and/or education.
Current member of a national pharmacy or education association and a state pharmacy association.
Experience with adult learners, training delivery, and/or continuing education programming
Experience working with computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, Banner, Adobe Connect, and Canvas preferred
Professional goal to pursuing actively a bachelors degree.
•Associate degree from an accredited university
•Must be a licensed pharmacist or a nationally certified pharmacy technician
•Minimum of 5 years experience in pharmacy practice
•Must hold a current State of Utah pharmacy technician or pharmacist license, in good standing
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, culture, ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships across the College. The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
A competitive candidate should be familiar with pharmacy regulations, standards, and guidelines.
Knowledge of College operations, policies,and procedures. Knowledge of and experience with learning outcomes assessment. Ability to manage budget and staff. Ability to maintain specialized instructional lab. Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships and partnerships with industry stakeholders, including clinical sites and transfer institutions.
The ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, culture, ethnic background, and abilities, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
The ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Priority Review Date: October 23, 2020
Applications received by the priority review date will receive priority in screening. The screening of applications submitted after the priority review date will be determined by the committee until the position is filled.
Important: A conferred Bachelor’s degree is required for the candidate to be awarded Tenure (within 3 to 6 years of hire).
The following documents are required to submit the application:
1. Resume or curriculum vitae,
2. Copy of transcripts,
3. Cover letter.
**Please attach a copy of your Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician State of Utah license, or a memo detailing eligibility for license with the application.
Applicants selected for an interview may be asked to participate in a teaching demonstration.
HR Department will conduct criminal background checks on the selected finalist. In addition, official transcripts from the selected finalist are required before offering employment.
offers a comprehensive benefits package for FT Faculty members. Please visit: ****For information about this faculty position, please contact the Associate Dean of the Division of Allied Health: ****, or ****.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (
) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.