The University of Cincinnati
Cincinnati, OH, United States
Post Doc, Education
The University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine
Department of Radiology Oncology
The University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Department of Radiology Oncology, is seeking a Post Doc Fellow to work in the (two-PI) Takiar-Wise Draper Laboratory.
· Conducts research studies in Radiation Oncology and/or Head and Neck Cancer under the mentorship of a two-PI team, in a well-equipped and funded laboratory
· Makes independent contributions to projects and studies based on professional training or functional experience
· Solves problems using combined research knowledge
· Independently works on whole projects/problems
· Decides how to solve problem and relies on own resources to resolve it
· Contributes effectively to the collective team effort
· Analyses research results
· Organizes data search and analysis procedures
· Assists in establishing test controls, criteria and research standards
· Assists in the design of complex data processing systems to analyze research data
· Accomplishes assigned results for project/studies, or for significant aspects of larger, complex assignments
· Serves as a seasoned level researcher.
Minimum Qualifications: PhD in a related research field.
Knowledge/Experience: Entry level professional that demonstrates understanding of research fundamentals (e.g. testing and evaluating procedures, data validation and interpretation) and knows fundamental concepts of particular field or research Demonstrates increased professional capabilities; demonstrates continual success in performing increasingly more complex projects and studies that require seasoned/technical skills; demonstrates ability to improve current methods and evaluate innovative techniques
To Progress through This Level: Discipline. Independently evaluates and selects techniques, procedures and criteria; uses professional judgment assist with the management of projects/studies or resolve problems.
Communication: Assists in the preparation of research papers, grants, and other documents for publication; advises staff on methods and procedures; explains technical information. Presents coherently and logically at journal clubs and scientific meetings.
Interaction with Others: Interfaces well with other professionals and technicians on projects/studies.
Work Complexity: Performs a broad range of work with minimal supervision; entails involvement in a number of research projects/studies; understands interdependency of deadlines on multiple projects and acts to preserve integrity of others' deadlines and overall project/study progress and success.
Guidance & Supervision Received: May receive technical guidance on more complex research issues; reports progress to supervisor according to project plans, or based on employee's discretion.
This position will be a professional position paid at an hourly rate.
_The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement._
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:OOD SF:RM SF:INS
The University of Cincinnati
Website : http://www.uc.edu
The University of Cincinnati offers students a balance of educational excellence and real-world experience. UC is a public research university with an enrollment of more than 43,000 students.