Bristol, TN, United States
Education, Healthcare, Executive, Manager
May 26, 2021
Sep 08, 2021
School of Health and Professional Sciences
King University is accepting applications for a full-time faculty member to fill the position of Director of Field Education and open-rank professor in the proposed Master of Social Work (MSW) program in the School of Health and Professional Sciences. King University faculty members work collaboratively to provide high quality academic experiences for students in a supportive, Christ-centered environment, with an alliance in student advising with the academic team to ensure that students have the assistance, tools, and resources needed to be successful as they move toward their educational and professional goals. This is a full-time, twelve-month position reporting directly to the MSW Program Coordinator.
Applicants must hold an MSW degree from a CSWE accredited College/University and a minimum of 2-years post-master’s social work degree practice experience. Experience with student supervision and a working knowledge of the 2015 EPAS are a must. Administrative experience is a plus. Preference will be granted to individuals holding an earned doctoral degree in Social Work. Applicants should be prepared to focus efforts on the development of field placements regionally, nationally, and internationally. Applicants must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication skills, competence in the usage of technology and proficiency in utility of the APA style (latest edition).
Post-secondary teaching and field education experience is preferred. Preference will be granted to individuals holding an earned doctoral degree in Social Work.
• Provide leadership, supervision, and teaching of the Field Education component and other necessary courses of the Social Work program
• In compliance with CSWE standards for field education oversee the placement of MSW students each year
• Design courses, as necessary
• Integrate Christian faith with the Social Work subject matter
• Serve on academic and program committees
• Evaluate student learning and field requirements congruent with Social Work competencies and teaching
• Mentor students
• Demonstrate active scholarly interests in issues of diversity and social justice.
• Update/maintain the MSW Field Manual
• Successfully maintain and develop relationships with new and existing agency partners.
• Work closely with the MSW Program Coordinator, the BSW Field Education Director, and other Social Work faculty on matters pertaining to field education, accreditation, and general program maintenance
• Teach online and occasionally face to face
Multilingual/Bilingual Candidates Preferred
Website : http://www.king.edu