Georgia Department of Education
Atlanta, GA, United States
Literacy for Learning Living and Leading/Office of Curriculum, Instruction/ Teaching and Learning Division
Description of Duties:
Under limited general supervision, the L4GA Grant Research and Evaluation Specialist will work with the L4GA team to implement the L4GA program.
• The primary function of this position is to support planning and development of data collection, interaction with vendors and work directly with the L4GA project evaluators.
• This position may also support communication and implementation for the L4GA grants by providing data analyses that explain, interpret, and synthesize project data (process and performance) in a manner that will support the Georgia Department of Education leaders in making decisions about the development and implementation of other content and literacy initiatives.
• During the grant competition phase, this staff member will handle development of the Fluid Review Grants Management system, all technical aspects of the competition and collection and upload of grant and review documents.
• This position will report to the Literacy for Learning, Living and Leading Grant Manager.
Note: Limited travel will be required.
Master's degree in education or a related field from an accredited college or university AND Five years of related experience OR Bachelor's degree in education or a related field from an accredited college or university AND Seven years of related experience.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following:
• Master’s degree in education policy, statistics or a related field
• Bachelor’s degree in statistics or a related field and four (4) years of full-time professional experience which includes, managing/coordinating data collection and data analysis, and/or conducting comprehensive research and preparing reports for a school, school system, Regional Educational Service Agency (RESA), federal agency, state education agency, or other state agency level
• Experience conducting, managing/coordinating data collection and data analysis, and/or conducting comprehensive research and preparing reports
• Experience working with data analysis and interpretation using a variety of software solutions (Excel, SPSS, etc.)
• Highly effective interpersonal, group, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge base of best practices in educational statistical analysis and reporting
• Experience in data analysis and the organization and implementation of major educational or public agency initiatives
• Strong work ethic, self-directed, and self-motivated
• Ability to manage multiple, overlapping high priority tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated success in team building and the continuous improvement processes
Pay Grade N – Annual salary range $52,331.12 (minimum) to $91,579.45 (maximum). Hiring salary is commensurate with current employment and relevant education/training and work experience.
Benefit options include life, disability, dental and health insurance, annual/sick leave, and Employees’ Retirement or Teachers’ Retirement.
Consideration/interviews will begin as soon as a list of applicants has been established. Resumes/Applications will be evaluated and only those meeting the qualifications will be forwarded to the hiring manager to be considered. Candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted directly. Notification will only be sent to applicants selected for interviews. Due to the large volume of applications received, we cannot provide application status information.
It is the policy of the Georgia Department of Education not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, disability, citizenship, gender, pregnancy, childbirth or other related conditions, national origin, religion, military or veteran status, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information or age in its employment practices.
The Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) and each associated State School is a registered participant in the federal work authorization program commonly known as E-Verify. The GaDOE utilizes the program to verify employment eligibility of individuals hired on or after July 1, 2007.
GaDOE Federally-issued User ID#: 46420
Date of Authorization: 07/02/2007
Georgia Department of Education
Website : http://public.doe.k12.ga.us/Pages/Home.aspx