University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
Saint George, UT, United States
Patient Sensitive Job Code?
Non Benefited Staff / Student
Standard Hours per Week
Full Time or Part Time?
Work Schedule Summary
Is this a work study job?
U of U Health - Academics
00958 - DFPM-Administration
St. George, UT
Type of Recruitment
Pay Rate Range
This is a 0.30
Clinical Associate position that is an adjunct instructor position for a Pharmacist Educator within the PA Division of
. The clinical associate (CA) will work with a small group (4) of students and reports to the CA Director and Program Director.
- Course Directing and teaching pharmacological topics embedded within the didactic curriculum.
- The candidate will work with the didactic team to ensure full and successful integration of pharmacology into didactic education of physician assistant students.
- Facilitating and instructing the group in mastery of the integrated physical exam, focused exams in
/Neuro, Cardiopulmonary, GI and Musculoskeletal systems.
- Evaluating students with standardized patient encounters at the completion of each physical exam module.
- Instruction in appropriate medical record production, specifically
note production in conjunction with these OSCEs.
- Facilitating the development of clinical problem solving through the exploration of 16 clinical cases and 1 ethics case.
- Instruction and development in
note production and case presentations orally during the entirety of Spring Semester.
- Participation in Clinical Practicum as preceptors, giving oral and written feedback on both
- Participation in faculty development and preseason meetings twice a year.
- Grading of students both Fall and Spring semester.
- Evaluation of the Evidence Based Medicine write-ups (2-3 from each student a year)
Applicant must have a PhD or PharmD degree from a regionally accredited academic institution. The following are also requirements:
- Hold or be eligible for unrestricted Utah State Pharmacy licensure
- A minimum of three years’ clinical experience
- Excellent leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Interest in areas that align with our program mission is strongly preferred
- An interest in scholarship and professional development
- Teaching experience
- Experience working with physician assistants or physician assistant students
- Inter-professional working/teaching experience
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: “email@example.com”
or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/
), email: “firstname.lastname@example.org”
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from
are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
Website : http://healthcare.utah.edu/
University of Utah Health Care is the Intermountain West’s only academic health care system, combining excellence in patient care, the latest in medical research, and teaching to provide leading-edge medicine in a caring and personal setting. The system provides care for Utahns and residents of five surrounding states in a referral area encompassing more than 10 percent of the continental United States. Whether it’s for routine care or highly specialized treatment in orthopedics, stroke, ophthalmology, cancer, radiology, fertility, cardiology, genetic-related diseases, organ transplant, or many other areas of medicine, University of Utah Health Care offers the latest technology and advancements, including some services available nowhere else in the region.