Durham, NH, United States
Open Until Filled
Posting Open to Internal Candidates Only?
Interested Internal Candidates Exist?
Salaried Staff (Exempt)
If TERM position provide projected end date
DOT Safety Information
Duties / Responsibilities
● Manage the workflow of all subaward activity issued through extramural support. This includes preparation, negotiations, amendments or modifications, and approving documents for University endorsement.
● Work with the Managers,
System Legal Counsel and subrecipient regarding proposed changes to the subaward document.
● Review subrecipient budgetary data to ensure accuracy and the funded amount corresponds to the Award document.
● Maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise in federal/state/private agencies regulations and policies and stay abreast of new laws or changes in legislation, such as the
Uniform Guidance, and agency specific guidelines as they pertain to subaward administration and monitoring.
● Interpret regulations and/or initiate further inquiries as necessary in response to inquiries from project directors, principal investigators, research staff and
, provide guidance to ensure compliance, and take appropriate action to reconcile sponsor requirements with University policies and procedures.
staff in the development, implementation and training of subaward related processes, procedures and policies
both on and off campus regarding subawards.
● Provide instruction to University faculty/staff on subaward issues, primarily one-on-one activity, and in groups as necessary.
● Work with principal investigators, BSCs, sponsoring agencies, and other
staff to maintain necessary project records, and prepare forms, certifications and assurances as may be required by sponsors.
● Oversees the Issuance of purchase orders for new subawards and the processing of invoices received from subrecipients in a timely manner. Obtain approval from principal investigators to arrange subaward payments with the appropriate
● Oversees the receipt and recording of all non-technical reports and/or statements to ensure reporting requirements outlined within the subaward agreement are met.
● Create records and maintain entries into the Federal Subaward Reporting System (
) (as required by the Federal government) to ensure University’s compliance with the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (
). Incumbent ensures that
reporting records are up-to-date and consistent with current obligations and commitments.
● Ensure subrecipient monitoring as required by
Uniform Guidance Administrative Requirements (2
Part 200) is adhered to by working closely with the
to seek clarification or remedy for areas of concern. Utilize current systems, reports and tools to facilitate the subrecipient monitoring process.
● Conduct and coordinate risk analysis on potential sub-recipients to determine sub-recipient’s ability to administer awards in compliance with sponsor requirements. Inform
of any potential risks. Obtain audit reports from the subrecipient at the time of executing new subaward or amendments/modifications to the subaward. Identify areas of non-compliance by working with the
staff and the key contacts for the subrecipient to seek remedy.
● Perform other reasonably related administrative tasks as may be assigned.