Santa Monica, CA, United States
Mod/Severe Special Education Teacher @ The Gray Academy (The Gray Academy - Santa Monica, CA)
Our mission at The Gray Academy is to create an academic institution that addresses all the needs of the whole child, with a custom individualized approach to learning and therapy. We aim to fill the void of a school that offers a specialized education, coupled with physical, occupational, speech and language, music therapy and additional support to the student and families we serve.
The Gray Academy is new Non-Profit Private school that opened in September of this year in Santa Monica, serving students with neurological disorders, traumatic brain injuries and global developmental delays. We hope to be accredited by the state and LAUSD in the 2nd Semester of this year as an NPS (nonpublic school). We are looking for a Special Education Teacher to join our collaborative team that has experience with curriculum development, creating and adapting lesson plans for students, and administrative duties. We are looking for someone that is well-organized, a self-starter/leader, patient and collaborative. This school will start with 6-10 children for the first year while we grow with the needs of our community.
The Special Education Teacher will be supported by a team of adults working collaboratively. We currently employ a SLP, SLPA, OT, PT and an Auditory Vestibular therapist to work with the children and assist in the classroom. We are also hiring an Instructional Aide to support the teacher with classroom duties. Additionally, we have designated yoga, music, movement and social skills throughout the week.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University
• Valid California Education Specialist Instructional Credential – Moderate/Severe Disabilities
• Verification of passing CBEST, CSET and RICA
• CPI Certification or the availability to be training by HBIC/CHDS within first 90 days of employment
• CPR/First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
• Two years’ experience in special education preferred.
• Experience working with an alternate curriculum preferred
• Experience in auditing and monitoring of compliance for district, state and federal regulations regarding special education, including facilitating IEP meetings preferred.
• A current background check through the FBI and DOJ must be cleared
• A current TB Test (within last 12 months) This is a full time position