The job of a teacher is not an easy job at all. There are a few tips that every teacher should know. Here are the tips.
- Give a call to the school you are about to join in the month of August: enquire from the authorities whether you can join this school. Go there and mix up with the teachers who are already teaching in that school. You will become familiar with the school, its stall, and the teachers will give you some ideas which will be helpful for you.
- Make full use of the school library or the college library: you will find some interesting magazines which will provide you with a lot of instructions and tips. Magazines like Classmate, Instructor and Mailbox will be of great help. Your school needs to have a bulletin board. So when you come up with this idea, people will think that you are ambitious about your profession. You fellow colleagues will know that you care for the teacher's room and you want to contribute your ideas in improving it.
- Try to come a little before time. This will be of help: use this extra time productively. You can find out the names of books that you are supposed to read. You must do your research on the books before you start reading them with the student's. Think how you can make your class interesting etc.
- Review the syllabus: find out your assigned topics. Fix dates when you are going to do them and plan out how you will do them. Take a look at the teacher's editions and workbooks and you will get some ideas regarding the topics.
- On your first day introduce yourself to the student's: this is very important. Tell them briefly about yourself, your educational background; in case you have migrated from some other state mention that. Also tell them that you are available to the student's and to their parent's whenever they need you.
- Ask for introduction from the student's: you will be dealing with them. It will become easy and comfortable when you ask for their introductions. It is much better than interacting with strangers.
- You need to observe students, their behavior and their performances: it is best to maintain a schedule for this.
- Show up at the school office: you must visit the school office once in a while. Interact with the staff, say ''good morning'', ''good bye'', etc. you must create a good impression about yourself everywhere you go.